Thursday 10 May 2007

Exciting!

I am at work on a public holiday - not something I have ever done since I stopped working as a casual for double time and a half. But it's OK - tomorrow we get a new President! The Congress of the Federated States of Micronesia is convening for its 15th session tomorrow, and the 14 senators-elect meet at 9.30am to decide between them who will be President, Vice-President, Speaker of the Congress, Vice-Speaker and the Floor leader. I work as a staff attorney for Congress, so it's very exciting here at the moment. Hence the work thing.

I'll put up a picture of my new boss (the new Speaker) tomorrow, and the Pres and Vice-Pres. There are many rumours as to who they will be, and I have my suspicions, but nothing is certain....!!

On the shallow side, all the women who work for congress are wearing a uniform tomorrow, which means we all get the same fabric and have to go and get a dress made out of it. I've respected the culture and gone for a slightly more traditional look than I would usually wear..... If I can bring myself to do it, tomorrow I'll post a picture!

No comments: