Tuesday 31 July 2007

Shameless plea for attention

Yesterday, as I walked back from my daily stroll to our PO Box, my shoulders were slumped and my heart heavy. Once again, I had no mail to bring back with me. Choking back a sob, I wondered why I expected to get mail at all, as we average about one item per month. And that's only because we elected to have our bank statement posted. I am even considering acquiescing to Ben's request to get a television and cable TV, just because there would be a bill for that...... posted.

Every day at 2.30pm I get very excited and head on down to the Palikir post office (not the yukky Kolonia post office of customs farce fame). Precisely 2.30 pm, because it closes at 3 pm (read 2.40pm) and it really builds up the trip to leave it to the last moment. But every day I come back emotionally depleted.

Sure, I don't write to anyone so I don't deserve to get mail. BUT I LIVE IN AN ISOLATED LOCATION AND I WANT MY FRIENDS TO FEEL SORRY FOR ME AND POST ME THINGS.

So please, feel sorry for me and post me things. And feel even more sorry for Ben as he can't even do the 2.30pm walk of shame, and send even more things.

PO BOX 268, Palikir, Pohnpei, FM 96941

Jo

1 comment:

Ben the Wen said...

Welcome to my world! I've had one phone call and no letters from friends since I left two years ago, despite getting engaged! Heh heh seriously though if you can think of something specific I'm sure people will come through for you. In the meantime maybe you should print out your emails and post them to yourselves? (Sorry, I know I'm getting cheeky now)

Damian sent me a stack of cd's when I was in Ireland which was fantastic! If you can think of anything you'd like from Scottyland lemme know, or maybe I'll think of something meself...