Friday 2 February 2007

Nahlup Beach Resort

On Sunday we went to Nahlup - an island off Pohnpei. It' s pretty close - only a 10 minute boat ride (you have to drive for 30 mins to get to the boat ramp though!).

When you arrive the staff take your eskys and all your stuff, and take it to your Cabana. I like it here. We stayed all day, snorkelling, swimming, eating our picincs and having a couple of beers (no corkage here!). Then we had to pay. I braced myself.... it was $4 each. FOUR DOLLARS. ($5 AUD). I'm going every weekend.


Our new favourite resort.


The day cabana. You can also stay overnight in little shacks.



The walkway out over the coral to launch yourself into the water (you can swim stright off the beaches too). Public liabilty hasn't taken off here like in Australia - make sure you jump off to the left or you'll stack straight into a huge jagged mass of coral. Unsignposted - but if you look down it's pretty obvious!! They would have been sued into oblivion back home - it's nice to be somewhere that outright stupidity isn't rewarded by the Courts.


Reception. They sell coconuts and spam. Honestly, you can't get away from the stuff.

I never knew how cocounts grew until I came here. Not that it was something I had turned my mind to, but there you go!

My life is tough.
So is Ben's.

- On our balcony. Picture of the house later.

Jo xx

1 comment:

White Legal Lady said...

Jeez, Micronesia sounds like shit. Bet you must be ruing your decision to migrate to that tropical hell-hole.

Some recent news from Oz - Shane and Simone were reunited during a romantic second honeymoon in Fiji, Our Kyles has been dumped by love rat Olivier, and a 1.75m saltie was found yesterday morning in a Darwin public swimming pool... Bet you wish you were back. I'll send you recent copies of the NT News and New Idea to keep you up to date.

BTW, White Legal Lady is my new blog moniker (after I was recently defamed on the McArthur River blog - see mcarthurriver.wordpress.com).

How's choir practise going Jo?